Drive-in / Drive-in through
HDM(Hydro Mechanical) offers the highest possible of pallet storage, with the lowest selectivity Consequently, it is ideal for fast moving product which moves in a “FILO – first in last out- & FIFO – first in first out- basis” Drive in / Drive in through racking is a series of tunnels with rails on either side to hold the pallet.
Drive-in racking is designed for the storage of homogenous products. It accommodates a large number of pallets for each SKU.
- Maximum profitability of the available space (up to 85%).
- Removal of aisles between the ranking.
- Rigorous control of entries and exits.
- It allows as many SKU as loading lanes.
When do you use it?
- When FILO is not a problem
- When you do not wish to mix SKUs within each bay/lane of drive-in racking
- When high density storage is required, (but be careful of the honeycomb effect) which reduces utilization
- When staging of received or picked goods is required in a high-density format
When not to use it?
- Where order picking is required from pallets
- When you are planning for greater than 60% space utilization