Pallet Racking System
Selective pallet rack is a configurable with a range of frame, beam sizes which are fully adjustable, it is the most popular and widely used type of pallet storage system because it provides the ability to store a range of palletized products while providing high capacity in terms of weight and volume. These systems provide accessibility where you need it, as they are designed for immediate direct access to store or unload all pallets.
In order to store a greater number of pallets double-deep racks can be installed enabling one pallet to be stored in front of another on each side of the aisle.
- Clear Aisles of 3 to 3.4m for reach trucks or 3.5 to 4.5m for counter balanced fork lifts.
- Supports First in First Out (FIFO)
- Most common mode of racking
- Unfettered access to any pallet
- Allows order picking at lower levels
- Storage Utilization: 90%
- for every 100 pallet places available, you can fill 90.
When do you use it?
- Where you have a relatively low number of pallets per SKU
- When you want totally free access to any pallet, any time
- When you need to pick from pallets at lower levels
When not to use it?
- When you have a high number of pallets per SKU and you are constrained for space
- When you need to pick from more pallets than the lower-level pick face will allow