- Clear aisles of 3 to 3.4m
- First in last out (FILO) for each slot
- Can be three or four pallets deep, but commonly only two pallets deep
- Pallets are pushed back from aisle by fork lift trucks
- Pallets are placed on low friction carts
- Used for full pallet storage only
- Forklift drivers need to be careful when loading in an out to avoid pallet damage
- Utilization: 85-90%
When do you use it?
- When you have more pallets per SKU and want to gain greater storage density
- When order picking is not required from pallets within push back racking
When not to use it?
- When you need to perform order picking from pallets
- When pallets are accessed frequently for picking and are then put away again
- Where pallet to pallet contact is can cause damage to stock
- When you have lots of SKUs with single pallets in stock