- Clear aisle of 3 to 3.4m
- High density storage system, which utilizes a mobile shuttle (remotely controlled) to move the pallets through the racking
- Can be 10 to 40 pallets long per lane
- The shuttles are placed and retrieved from the racking by fork lift trucks
- Can operate in FIFO and FILO modes
- Often used as an alternative to drive in racking, because the utilization is much higher
- Utilization: 90 to 95%
When do you use it?
- Used when there is a high volume of products moving through of each SKUs
- One SKU per lane
- Used to overcome the poor space utilization of drive in racking
When not to use it?
- When you need to pick from the pallets